1) Raw materials, the main materials of artificial marble are calcium -carbonate type
stone powder. For quartz stone, the raw materials are SiO2 type quartz sand. Besides,
performance and formation of the resin used for them are different as well.
2) The appearance: For the big grain series, artificial marbles use natural stone as
materials, so it comes out with better effects than quartz stone when imitates big grain
3) Performance, high hardness is one of the properties of quartz stone, the surface of
quartz stone cannot be scratched even with iron tools. Quartz stone possess higher
bending strength and compressive strength than artificial marble. Marble is a relatively
soft material which is prone to scratching, but also makes maintaining them much less
difficult. Typically they can be re-polished all the way until they become too thin.
4) Production process, quartz is generally produced sheet by sheet after undergoing vibro
compression vacuum process and high temperature solidification, while artificial marble
will be made into a big block first (after undergoing compression and normal temperature
solidification process) and then cut into slabs in various thickness.
5) Application: engineered marbles are typically most popular as flooring materials for
large commercial projects such as hotels, shopping centers, business lobbies, Quartz
meanwhile is a material of much hardness. This makes them more resistant to scratching,
however it also makes re-polishing and general processing a more difficult task, which is
why they are most commonly used as kitchen counter tops.